The Center for Science in the Public Interest recently released a report detailing the worst ways to start your day. These unhealthy habits can be ruining your morning and then potentially ruining your day. Of the ways not to start your day, nutrition and mental health are at the top. Check the list below.
- Too much sugar before 9am — you know, sugary coffees and frappucinos. They may taste yummy but they’re definitely slowing you down.
- Checking your phone first thing in the morning — give your brain a moment to start the day on it own
- Lifting heavy weights — your body isn’t fully awake, so lifting isn’t the best idea
- Not having breakfast — no brainer. You need sustenance for energy!
- Not having a morning routine — having a set routine may increase productivity
- Drink juice instead of eating fruit — juice is filled with sugar and lacks fiber, opt for the real thing
- Not Stretching — you’ve been lying vertically all night, get your blood flowing
- Not eating protein — it’s typical to want to grab toast or cereal, but carbs aren’t as good of a morning starter as protein which will help keep you full until lunch
source – globalnews